Monday, July 21, 2014

And So it Begins...

Well, here it goes, my very first blog entry. I wanted to create a blog because I've always enjoyed reading other blogs and figured I would push myself to try it for a year..or two..or three (we'll see) :-) I want to share a little of my life with a teacher's twist. This will be my 4th year teaching and 3rd year at my current school. I work at an elementary school in an area that many people would call "tough." Let's be honest, all towns have some "tough areas" but it's what you do for those areas that can change things. I love my students and all the support from the parents and the community, not all teachers can say that.

If you're a teacher, you know that teaching is not always (or never) simple but this is my way to figure out how I can make teaching second grade as easy as ABC. I started out teaching first grade (loved it) but when I got the opportunity to loop with my class to second grade, I jumped on board. Luckily we had a fabulous second grade team because creating a curriculum (all over again) is overwhelming! Anyway, we survived the year and now I will be teaching second grade in the fall! YIPPEE! This is my way to share ideas, get ideas,  get advice, give advice, learn from myself, learn from others, and overall ENJOY the school year with (some) Simplicity in Second!

No comments:

Post a Comment